Innovative measurements. Radical monitor.
The 2012 Radical-7 utilises Masimo's non-invasive measurement technology, which is dramatically different from traditional monitoring methods with its innovative new features to automate patient care and quickly adapt the necessary medical monitoring for individual patients or entire care areas.
Non-invasive and continuous:
- Masimo SET® pulse oximetry for motion and low blood flow (Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion™)
- Perfusion index (PI) for easier assessment of peripheral blood flow
- Hemoglobin (SpHb®) for early detection of bleeding and reduction of blood transfusions during surgery
- Pleth variability index (PVI®) for easier assessment of volume response and improved fluid management for reduced patient risk
- Carboxyhaemoglobin (SpCO®) to assess blood carbon monoxide (CO) levels enables earlier detection and faster treatment of CO poisoning
- Methaemoglobin (SpMet®) to assess blood methaemoglobin levels allows earlier detection and treatment of a dangerous, often undetected response to many commonly used drugs.
- Acoustic respiratory rate (RRa™) for easier assessment of patient breathing, allowing early detection of respiratory complications and patient emergencies
- Each measurement is optional and requires a software update
RADICAL – FUNCTIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Integrated wireless standard connection of patients with 802.11 radio function and Bluetooth®
- User-friendly operation with intuitively understandable colour touch screen
- Immediate adjustment of parameters, curves and trends important for physicians
- Powerful trend function: Simultaneously select one or two parameters and move, expand or reduce parameter trends with a single keystroke for real-time analysis
- Device profile illumination for easy adjustment and quick change of settings for pre-configured profiles as well as for easily recognisable station assignment of the device
- Unparalleled versatility with rotating screen in hand-held unit that automatically adjusts horizontal or vertical orientation inside or outside the docking station
- Easier evaluation of the accuracy of measurements with Signal IQ$
- Extended monitoring time with 4-hour battery life of handset